Warminsterwobble – Rapha stays dry with three new Gore-Tex jackets including urban dandy option. Rapha expands range of waterproof cycling jackets, introducing three new styles for extreme conditions, arriving from December 2021.
Two years on from their initial collaboration, Rapha has again teamed up with Gore to release three new styles of waterproof jackets for road and all-round city riding.
The new Pro Team Gore-Tex Rain Jacket and Insulated Gore-Tex Rain Jacket bolster Rapha’s Pro Team range, which in addition to the City collection’s Insulated Gore-Tex Field Coat will be available from December 2021.
Rapha Pro Team Gore-Tex Rain Jacket
The Pro Team Gore-Tex Rain Jacket uses the waterproof specialists’ most breathable three-layer fabric.
Its newly developed lightweight and waterproof membrane apparently meets the Gore-Tex ‘guaranteed to keep you dry’ promise while keeping it at just 84gsm.
A two-way zip allows for extra ventilation as the mesh-lined collar is raised for high protection against the elements on your ride.
- Waterproof and breathable
- Highly packable thanks to minimal trims throughout
- Designed to fit in an aggressive riding position, with other layers
- Two-way zip for extra ventilation and easy access to jersey pockets
- Available in Dark Navy/White and Teal/Peach
- £195 / €230
Rapha Pro Team Insulated Gore-Tex Rain Jacket
The remarkably similar looking Pro Team Insulated Gore-Tex Rain Jacket pairs a Gore-Tex Paclite Plus fabric with a synthetic insulated liner for protection in cold, wet weather.
The jacket’s 65gsm synthetic insulation is said to provide warmth while being highly breathable to ensure you don’t overheat during training.
The 3-layered fabric combines with a wide elasticated gripper at the waist, zipped cuffs and a raised collar for protection.
For low-light conditions, there are reflective Pro Team bars on the sleeves in addition to the larger reflective tab between the pockets.
- Much the same as Pro Team Gore-Tex Rain Jacket but with added insulation
- Available in Blue/Orange and Dark Navy/White
Rapha Insulated Gore-Tex Field Coat
Inside the Insulated Gore-Tex Field Coat is a detachable t-shirt liner with 60gsm sheet insulation to keep you warm on colder days.
Rapha has labelled it as being a performance-driven take on the iconic military field jacket, for use both on and off the bike.
The short-sleeved, quilted liner can lock in warmth but also doubles up by being able to be buttoned out and warm separately.
On the outside is a three-layer Gore-Tex fabric with a Gore C-Knit backer and a fully recycled face fabric for waterproof protection.
The adjustable and lightweight packaway hood additionally provides a further barrier from wet weather.
- Three-layered Gore-Tex laminate with face fabric being 100% recycled
- Quilted t-shirt liner with 60gsm sheet insulation
- Adjustable packaway hood made with 100% recycled 2.5L GORE-Tex Paclite Plus that stows away in the collar
- Three cargo flap pockets, two zipped hand pockets and zipped chest pocket that are all waterproof
- Available in Dark Navy/Navy